Sunday, April 27, 2008

How does that happen?

I did something yesterday that I never do. I took both boys shopping, at the same time, by myself. I have no idea what came over me, or maybe I was feeling a sense of "super-hero-ness" at the time - probably from watching Spider Man 100 times in the last week.

I spent a couple of hours shopping yesterday, so Kyle spent a couple hours golfing. Maybe I didn't get all of the shopping jitters out while I went, so I decided I'd attempt a trip with the boys. The new Walgreens opened by our house, so I decided to try it out. I needed nothing from Walgreens, but Walgreens is much easier to navigate with two boys, than say, Wal-Mart.

We made it through the store, pretty much without a tantrum. I did have to talk Tyler out of getting two toys, but caved at one because I a) didn't want a tantrum, and b) he needed another truck with a trailer. (Actually, Kyle said he would kill the next person that brought a truck/trailer into our house for Tyler. Hee Hee!)

After dropping $17 at Walgreens, I decided Wal-Mart would be do-able. I needed diapers for Connor, and WAS NOT going to pay $5 more for them at Walgreens since Wal-Mart is right next door.

We made it through Wal-Mart, only having a tantrum when we got to the register because Tyler found the racks of gum and wanted all of it. I picked him up by his arm and drug him to the register. He had made it for about 30 minutes in the store without an event - so he did pretty good.

I got home and looked at my receipts. I spend $67 at Wal-Mart. That being said, here's are the extras we can home with:

Walgreens: $5.99 on the truck/trailer combo (mini jet skis included with the trailer)
$1.49 huge pack of Extra gum (every day after daycare Tyler asks for gum. It makes his day, and hey - if gum would make my day, I would stock up on it too!)

Wal-Mart: $6.49 Semi Truck with MatchBox car.
$3.49 Large Lightening McQueen ball

So, I'm weak. I'm just thrilled we made it through the store with no one getting lost or taking off in a full sprint. I wonder how that happens - how does Tyler have so many trucks and cars. Now I know. =)

No comments: