Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I made a mistake today....

I stayed home with Connor because he woke up with a fever this morning. Poor guy - at 6:30am it was 100.5. Still legal at daycare, but I knew he just needed to stay home and rest. Good thing - because Kyle got him back to sleep at 6:50am and he slept until 10am. Likely some of what he needed. His fever has continued on and off throughout the day - just at 101 as I was putting him to bed. He is still such a good boy though even with a fever that would make me the most pitiful person in the world.

That wasn't my mistake though. My mistake started at around noon. Connor and I were sitting in the rocking chair, and Connor was starting to drift back off to sleep. I was flipping through the shows I had recorded on the DVR, and came across The DaVinci Code. I had taped it a couple of weeks ago, and decided to start watching it - thus the problem.

I seriously think that was one of the best movies I have ever seen - and the last half of it I literally watched in 10 minute increments because I had both boys in the living room while I was trying to finish it. It was: watch 10 minutes - go back 2 minutes, watch 7 minutes - go back 1 minute, etc.

In my opinion, absolutely incredible movie - but I've always liked Tom Hanks, I like drama/mystery/action movies, and love anything where I think I might've actually learned something while being entertained. A bonus!

I'm glad I started watching it - though it was almost difficult to finish my evening with the boys while knowing I only had 30 minutes left, 20 minutes left, 15 minutes left. I literally sat there with my hands over my mouth waiting for the next scene....

And Connor - I hope he's getting better. Aunt Kimmy will be spending the day with him at home tomorrow if he's still sick. Kyle has 9 appointments and I only have 1/2 hour free since I rescheduled all of today's meeetings to tomorrow. I will be SO glad to finally get out of "sick" season!

No comments: