Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The morning of a normal person

Because I had the pleasure of staying at work last night until after 8pm, I didn't rush too much to get in to work this morning. It was a little bit of a crazy night at our house...

I got up at 3am to use the bathroom. Whenever I get up, I also go in and check on the boys. I've learned lately that I CAN NOT do this with Connor because it wakes him up - every time. I walked in to his room and he heard me - then sat straight up in bed and started crying. I picked him up and tried to rock him for about 15 minutes. He wanted NOTHING to do with that. Okay - I'm exhausted, so is he, and he has no desire for me to hold him - so I put him back in bed.

Commence the screaming! Holy Cow - that boy has some lungs! I know this scream though - it is the "I'm tired and know I should just lay down but I'd really like someone to come play with me" scream. Sorry - not at 3am. He was back asleep in 5 minutes, and so was I.

Fast Forward to 4am - Tyler wakes up and needs to go potty. Cool. Then he wants to get in our bed with us, and I have NO desire to fight this battle right now. I usually try to coax him back to his own bed - but desperately wanting and needing at least an hour more sleep myself, I let him in our bed.

I got up at 5am, got ready, and Connor started waking up at almost 6am. I got him up and got him ready. Kyle got up around 6:30, and then Tyler shortly thereafter. I was so nice - all of us up and talking in the morning - voluntarily. Not like our 6am Saturday wake up calls - but we were up, energized, ready to start the day. I got to say good morning, I got goodbye kisses from everyone, and left for work in an excellent mood!

Funny enough - I arrived at work at only 7:35 - not too late at all. It was so nice. It's morning's like this that make everything seem so much better!

No comments: