Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Meltdown

Tyler has been connected to Kyle lately - seriously. If he could find some velcro to connect them for good - he would be even happier. And when Kyle leaves...all hell breaks loose.

Yesterday Tyler was ready to go down for a nap. Kyle took that opportunity to go play 9 holes at the golf course- which was fine. Connor was already sleeping and Tyler was SO ready for a nap. So Kyle left. Begin meltdown here.

Tyler took off running towards the golf course. At first it was just a jog, and I thought "he'll turn around anytime now...", and he didn't. He just kept going. I ran after him, and then he ran faster. Pretty soon, he was in an all out sprint, and so was I. I don't remember running that fast since gym class. I finally caught him, just inches from the gravel that takes you to the golf course (he had no shoes on and neither did I - gravel would've SUCKED!). So I attempted to carry him home.

Mind you - this is my 3 year old, that is 45 pounds and 45 inches tall - no shrimp. I literally had him in some sort of armbar move that I'd seen on WWE - and I'm carrying him home. Tyler is screaming at the top of his lungs - and the neighbors are looking. I learned later that one of our neighbors was hiding behind her curtains laughing at us. This, was one of my proudest moments as a mom.

I took him - and literally threw him into his room. At that point, I wasn't in the mood for games anymore, and he had far surpassed any point of understanding anything. For some reason, he ran into his closet. I think I literally said, "whatever", and walked out of his room.

Quietness quickly ensued, and I checked on him in about 10 minutes, and this was what I found... Poor guy had literally fallen asleep in his closet.

His nap was about 3 hours. That tells you how tired he was. Those moments are so frustrating, but I feel even that much worse for him knowing he was that tired, and was beyond being able to control himself at that point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've just found your blog. I had to laugh a little at this post, NOT in a point-and-laugh kind of way but in an I've-SO-been-there umpteen times way. It's horrible and sucks the energy right out of you. I often find myself far too tired to care and often think, "You know what? If you want to totally trash your room because you're upset, then go right ahead. You're in your room, you can't get out, and hopefully you'll fall asleep like you need to."

We are a Feingold family, or will be as soon as the materials arrive. In the meantime I'm doing the best I can with what I've been able to glean from online in relation to the program and diet. I'm very much looking forward to this and am prepared to go to any lengths to follow it through. We can't afford not to give it our best shot.

Looking forward to reading back in your blog...