Thursday, July 10, 2008

Oh. My. God.

Those are the only words I could utter when I opened my car door this morning. I was putting Connor into his car seat, and was greeted with this....


Last night as we were getting out of the car, Tyler dawdled in the car as long as possible, as he usually does. By the time he usually made it into the house, he had a Sharpie marker in his hand (YES, I said SHARPIE!), which I immediately removed from his possession.

"He's already made a mark on his head," I thought to myself, "I can't imagine when else he could do with this red pen".

Holy Lord. I had no idea Picasso was the one "dawdling" in my car that night.

I panicked the whole drive to work. Visions of an entire new car interior went through my head...wondering how much that would cost, wondering if there would be a chance at covering it up, and stopping any thoughts of harming my 3 year old. Seriously... I'm glad he wasn't standing next to me when I found that - or he wouldn't be with us right now.

I jumped on Google the second I got to work and searched for "how to get Sharpie out of fabric", and actually found some helpful sites of people that sounded desperate as me. Lots of good tips.

I got home, and armed myself with my goods: Shout Spray, Dawn Dishwashing Liquid, Hairspray, Fingernail Polish Remover, water and toothbrushes.

IT WORKED! The RED SHARPIE PEN came OUT! I still cannot believe it! I started with the cold water, then used Dawn Dishwashing Liquid, and finished it off with some Shout. It is all gone, except for a slight shadow at the worst part. So...it took an hour and a half - but it came out!

Okay - so Tyler can live now, but I have taken every single freakin' Sharpie pen and hid it where he couldn't possible find it or reach it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fortunate (for Tyler!) that it all came out. I think Brogan and Tyler would get along famously. I will have to file that cleaning method away in the back of my mind for when my turn rolls around.

On one of my message boards, one of the moms found her daughter covered head to toe (on her skin) with orange Sharpie. She grabbed a random assortment of products hoping one would work. The first one she tried - shaving cream - did the trick. Whould'a thunk it?

Mrs. Schmitty said...

I'm so glad it came out...Sharpie's are evil! I hide mine in my desk as my R. is in the write on EVERYTHING faze.