Monday, July 21, 2008

*sigh*

I think that is about all I can say right now about this day. It seems as things just keep spiraling further and further out of control - and pretty soon I'm just going to explode. I can handle one or a couple of the things that get thrown at me, but everything all at the same time is getting ridiculous.

I guess I've always been a very strong person. I'm too stubborn to give up, admit defeat, or let someone else get me down. I think that is how I've made it to where I am, put up with what I have, and can deal with what I am dealt. Believe me, my life isn't horrible by any means. I have a good job at a stable company, a healthy family and a house that wasn't touched by the recent floods.

So, why should I complain? Because I need to. I need to cry UNCLE. I need to say stop.

Work is insane. My office is a disaster, and e-mails fly at me all day long like a ticker for the stock market. I dash home every night to see my beautiful healthy children, to get met at daycare with "he had a horrible blow out today, are you sure he's okay", and then "Tyler had a horrible day, he wouldn't listen, was mean to his friends, and was very bad.". And tonight is golf night - which means we are short one person to keep any sanity in the house. Great.

Fortunately, my parents are in town today for a Dr. appointment. I'm LONGING for some adult conversation that isn't about work or poop. They had called and said they would bring over some supper so they could see me and the kids.

The day didn't continue well at all. I think I was about reduced to tears when Tyler took Connor's highchair tray off "for him" and dumped the remaining food on the floor, then took the broom and swung it in the air like was playing with a Pinata, while Connor whined for something that we never did figure out, while Tyler ran around in circles spitting out play car tires he had in his mouth, while I attempted to have a conversation with my parents. All at the same time.

Finally - in an attempt to save themselves, my parents left. I wanted so bad to jump in the back of their car and have them take me to their house, let me sleep until I wake up, sit on a chair, eat a meal without running around chasing someone while trying to chew my food, and not scream every 2 seconds, "STOP KICKING YOUR BROTHER!".

But I keep on. Everyday. Some days are easier than others, but they seem be on a downward trend lately.

Thank God for Bud Select.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, Jenny - I'm sorry. Maybe your day sucked so bad because ours was actually decent (and that's WITHOUT a nap because I thought I'd tempt fate). My day usually sounds very much like yours. Tomorrow's another day and I hope it is the opposite of today for you.