Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thankful

Although it's not Thanksgiving, I feel like I have a lot to be thankful about tonight.

I am thankful for my inlaws. My mother and father-in-law watched the boys today while Kyle golfed his first round for the year, and I went shopping at the Outlet Mall (insert Hallelujah chorus here)! Larry and Norma - you are the best! The boys had fruit snacks, and Doritos, and every other food that they absolutely love - and hey, that's what grandparents are for, right?

Kyle with his mom on Christmas

I am thankful for feeling healthy. At about 7am on Thursday morning, I thought I was going to die. I can't even begin to explain how my entire body felt, and Friday wasn't much better. I went to the doctor Friday and got my answer - bronchitis, sinus infection and the start of an ear infection. Nothing Augmentin, Predinose and an Inhaler couldn't fix!

I am thankful for our neighbors, Mike and Vicki. We grilled at their house tonight for dinner, again, which is beginning to be a Sunday night ritual. They are awesome, and treat us, and our boys, like family.

Mike and Vicki during the Superbowl (yes, we told Mike he looks like a Dork AND the Falcons weren't playing!)

I am thankful that the boys are feeling better (knock on wood, knock on wood!). When they went to bed tonight everyone was fairly healthy (except for Connor's cruddy nose), and they were both asleep by 7:20 on a Sunday evening (insert another Hallelujah chorus!)

I am thankful that the boys slept until daylight for 2 DAYS IN A ROW! WAAAHHOOOO! They both slept until 7:15am yesterday and today! I cannot even begin to describe how much I needed this sleep (and they did too!), and how nice it was to be in my bed past 6am on the weekend!

I am thankful for my parents, who listen to my rambling phone calls every time I call. Hardly ever does a phone call from me go unanswered, and they listen to my venting, my crying, my joy, and just my blonde rambling at times. They are awesome, and I owe them everything for who I have become today.

I am thankful that today's weather gave me the taste of summer. MMMMmmmm.....summer..... I can't wait!

No comments: