Sunday, March 8, 2009

What a blast!


My sister and her family came to our house this weekend. They arrived Saturday morning, and within minutes, the kids and dogs were running laps around the house. We packed everything we could into 24 hours or less, from a trip to the mall, to watching about three movies, and just chatting at the kitchen table.
.
We then spent the night doing our favorite thing - watching a movie, eating pizza, and drinking a beer. Absolutely, one of my most FAVORITE things to do - and when you include my sister in the mix, it doesn't get much better.

My sister has been my best friend since since was born, I would say. We've always been there for each other, helped each other through difficult times in our lives, and without a doubt, made each other laugh so hard at times we couldn't catch our breath!

After everyone was up this morning, they packed and had to leave (mostly because we lost a stupid hour due to Daylight Savings time!), and too quickly, drove back home to Chicago. Instantly, our house returned to quiet. No giggling girls running around, no Connor chasing puppies around, and no jabs back and forth to my brother-in-law, because I just LOVE to tease him.

Getting ready for bed tonight, I thought about how much I wish she lived closer. Although 200 miles isn't that far, with each of us having 2 kids now, weekends spent together are fewer and farther between.

I put the last glass in the dishwasher, turned out the light, and listened to the silence. Although sometimes I crave silence in our house, after a visit like that, the giggling, squealing and screaming noise of last night, was beautiful.

No comments: