Sunday, April 5, 2009

I can hold my own in Wrestlemania

Tonight our neighbors purchased Wrestlemania 25. Awesome.
.
I wouldn't have said that 10 years ago. Back then, wrestling was for total losers that didn't have anything else to do with their life. Then my sister got me hooked on it. Yes, my sister, who was dating one of the HUGEST wrestling fans of all time. From 1998 to 1999 I went to two WCW matches in Chicago and one in Cedar Rapids. Yea, it was silly, but so much fun.
.
I really got into it. So much, that I had the wrestling characters in my office. My professional office, by the way, where my boss kind of looked at me sideways when he asked why I had "barbie guys" on my desk.
.
Tonight brought back so many memories. I sat on the floor so intently, and even watched Connor and Tyler show some interest every once in a while to what was going on. Fireworks and fighting helped.
.
What is even more sad, is that I could keep up with the conversation. Rick Flair, the Undertaker and the Hardy Boys were quickly summoned up from my memory banks, and brought a smile to my face. Although wrestling seems so ridiculous, that was a period in my life when I was so happy. I had a job, yet not another care in the world. We would sit down on Monday evening and watch wrestling like there was nothing else that could separate us from the boob tube.
.
I didn't get a chance to see my man tonight, though. Sting. O M G. He was awesome. I had a Sting mask, and loved every moment that he was on the screen.
.
When I wonder "what did I used to do before kids", things like this come to mind. Wasting my time watching grown men pretend to fight each other. Good times!
Sting and Rick Flair "Woooooooooo!"

1 comment:

K'man said...

what do you mean, "pretend to fight each other"?
Don't even tell me that stuff isn't real.