Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thanks, Mr. Lady

I looked at the clock at 3:30am today. Connor was crying in his bed, which is unusual for him these days. I knew exactly why though - he was hungry. He refused to eat his dinner last night because he wouldn't stop playing long enough to sit down. I have to force him to eat at night sometimes, and last night literally followed him around with a few spoonfuls of food so he would eat something. If he doesn't, he will be up for hours at night. He had some apple slices just before he went off to bed, but I'm certain that wasn't enough.

Hello middle-of-the-night.

I made Kyle get up with him, because if I do, it's all over. Connor will not go back to sleep in his bed once I hold him, because apparently I'm more comfortable than his bed (I love this.), although mommy needs her sleep too. Kyle can get him back to sleep in 10 minutes, although he continued to fuss and cry, ever so slightly, off and on until I finally got out of bed at 4:30.

The house has been quiet since I finished getting ready, so it's time for my computer and I to bond. Minutes of peace are hard to come by these days. When I do get some peace and quiet, I usually find myself on Facebook or blogging.

Sometimes I come across a blog that just strikes me at that moment.

I have a few friends I work with that either are contemplating becoming mothers, or are expecting a child. Every time I see someone pregnant with their first child, I want to go up and hug them, and just start spewing advice, in my bossy way. "Take lots of naps!" and "Enjoy every smile and take lots of pictures! When they are 3, you won't believe that they were once 6 pounds!". The advice that I can't convey though, is everything else.

I'm posting a link to this blog post "On Motherhood" because it made me pause, reflect, and just bawl. How accurately she is capturing "the rest" of Motherhood, that can't be conveying until you're smack in the middle of it. Thank you, Mr. Lady.

http://www.whiskeyinmysippycup.com/2009/04/09/on-motherhood/

No comments: