Thursday, February 7, 2008

Risk Mitigation

Have you ever had one of those colds where if someone offered to chop your head off, free of charge, you might actually let them? Your head is so full of crap that it is actually heavy and you feel like you're spinning if you move too fast? And you blow your nose expecting 20 pounds of gunk to come out and nothing comes out because it is so caught up in your head, just beyond reachable in your nose? Yep - that's me right now. Oh - and Connor too.

#3 Ear Infection. Dr. Miller said Connor and Tyler are obviously related. Tyler has had more ear infections than I can count - somewhere around 8 or 10 I think. He had tubes put in the first time when he was 6 months old, and again at 18 months old. The tubes worked MIRACLES! He was a totally different kid after then. Thus - my Risk Mitigation Strategy...


I have been so caught up in "Risk Mitigation" lately, it's not even funny. Between teams at work, applying for more life insurance, and our new 'wellness' program at home (Feingold Program), I am turning into a risk mitigation expert. So my plan..... 2 days ago I called the ENT (Ears, Nose and Throat Doctor for those of you lucky enough not to know one) and made an appointment for Connor. I made this appointment while I was home with Connor during one of his pooping escapades that was a result of the Augmenten - for his 2nd ear infection. That Augmenten just tore him up, and I swore at that time he was NOT going to have a mutitude of ear infections before I did anything, so I set up an appointment.


Connor woke up this morning with gunk literally coming out his eyes. This is Connor's #1 sign he has an ear infection. Totally disgusting. I cleaned him up, and took him to daycare where I told them I'd be back later to pick him up, just after I could call the doctor to get an appointment.


Sure enough, ear infection #3. This time he's on Omnicef, which doesn't cause him to poop a ton, but apparently could cause his poop to turn red. I remember Tyler being on Omnicef at one time, but I don't remember red poop - this should be interesting.

So, we have an appointment the 18th with Dr. Capper (maybe we can put the rest of his kids through college now. He has 4!). Dr. Capper has put tubes in Tyler's ears twice, removed his adenoids and the latest was when he took Tyler's tonsils out when he was 2. I almost feel like I should start sending this guy a Christmas card.

We'll see what happens on the 18th - and I'm SO looking forward to Red Poop! =)

No comments: