Sunday, May 18, 2008

...and then a miracle occured...

Both boys are asleep, in bed. This happened at 7pm tonight...

(Insert 15 Hallelujah Choruses here)

I can't believe that actually happened, although we did pay for it all day and are reaping the benefits of 15 tantrums, fits, screaming and fighting. Tyler did not nap today, and Tyler that does not nap is similar to an injured and angry dog. Lots of yelping, jumping around, bouncing, screeching, and rolling around. He finally walked up to me at about 6:30 and said "Mommy, I'm ti-ured, hold me." So I did. I think he was out in about 2 minutes. I got him to bed, then put Connor to bed. This may just be the easiest evening I've had all year, and really don't know what to do with myself.

I do have 2 more loads of laundry to fold, because I've done 47 billion loads this weekend - the aftermath of "Poopfest 2008". I have never seen so much poop in my life, and I don't want to brag, but I've seen a lot of poop. Daycare said Tyler was the second worst pooper they had ever seen, and usually about every other week I was called to pick him up because he had reached his two blow-out limit for the day. To this day, he could still win awards.

Connor has been a bit more normal in his life, until Friday. Holy Lord. Today, he has had 4 baths alone. About every couple of hours there was such a massive poop that it was everywhere. I have cleaned poop out of the carpet, out of clothes, out of blankets and sheets, off the kitchen floor and off myself. I stopped using baby wipes this morning, and either just took him to the kitchen sink or the tub for a hose down instead. (Yes, I used a lot of bleach in the sink).

So, we graduated from puking which stopped at about 4pm Friday, to pooping his own weight every couple of hours. And do you know how nice that is in an overnight diaper? Real Pretty.

Regardless, it's been quite a weekend, but now I have a couple more hours to do whatever I want. I'm watching The Office reruns right now and eating mint Oreos.

Does life get any better than this?

3 comments:

loren said...

Oh, the joys of poop. I can't wait until we see the last of other people's excrement.

K'man said...

Trust Loren to comment. With her three girls under the age of 4, she has probably seen more poop than anyone that doesn't work in daycare.
Plus, I see she linked you to her site. All kinds of strange people will visit you, now.

loren said...

Kevin, with all the posting I do about midgets and bodily functions, I don't doubt she'll be getting a few strange ones (present company excluded) ;)