Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hand, Foot & What???

So I picked up Connor yesterday from daycare with a fever of 102. The poor guy was miserable, and when we got home and I checked his temp about a 1/2 hour later, it was at 103.5. Daycare said they have Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease going around. Tyler had this once when he was almost 2, but didn't get it that bad. My nieces on the other hand, who played with Tyler that weekend, came down with it horrible, and couldn't eat or anything. I think Connor has a more severe case of it than Tyler did as well.

I think Connor's high fever broke last night. He woke up at 2:30, and just stunk to high heaven - whenever Connor is sick, he sweats it out, and it just stinks! I finally got him back to sleep, and he woke up without a fever this morning, but now has the rash that I was expecting.

The only place I can see the rash is around his groin around and his mouth. He won't eat anything today but milk, because his tongue has sores on it. They look horrible! Ibuprofin seems to help a little, but he still can't eat anything.

It's amazing the stuff you learn about illness and virus' when you have kids. Hand, Foot & Mouth sounded like something that cows get - but I learned just how contagious and painful it can be to little ones. Such a simple virus, with such horrible symptoms.

No comments: