Friday, May 30, 2008

The Pacifier Gnomes

I swear to God there are Pacifier Gnomes that come into our house, and take EVERY STINKIN' PACIFIER WE HAVE! I have literally bought probably 50 pacifiers for my two boys. Tyler never took one, so everything I tried, was a waste. Connor loves them now, so I try to keep at least one, or three - or preferrably 10 within sight at all times.

I swear those things disappear out of thin air! Tonight, in our entire house, I can find 3, that is 3 TOTAL pacifiers of the kind he will take. I have about 15 different kinds that he won't that I might as well throw away, but hold on to just in case (I'm strange).

I think we will be finding random pacifiers in this house for years. (Go to bake a cake, find one in the pantry - go to wear some old shoes, find one tucked inside, etc.) These things can't get up and walk away - unless you believe in the Pacifier Gnomes.

A few years ago, South Park did an episode on Underpants Gnomes. The boys friend, Tweak, on the episode, explains to his friends that these gnomes come in to his room every night and steal his underwear - and of course no one believes him. Ah, the humor of South Park!

Maybe I'll have to end up getting a dog to finally take care of these darn gnomes!

No comments: