Sunday, January 13, 2008

My new workout program....

How to burn 10,000 calories in 45 minutes.

Get the kids dressed in their snowsuits.
Calories burned = 200

Get the baby in the stroller, get Tyler outside, pull sled down from 5th shelf in the garage
Calories burned = 100

Have the following conversation:
Tyler: "Mommy, I wanna ride in my caaarrrrrrrr!"

Me: "Tyler, I'm already pushing the stroller, I can't push the car too."

Tyler: "But Mommy, I wanna ride my caaarrrrrrr!"

Me: "Tyler, I have to push Connor, can you walk with us?"

Tyler: "Moommmyyyyy! I wanna ride, in my caaarrrrrrrr!"

Me: "Come on Tyler, let's go, you can walk, and when we get back, you can have a pop!"

Tyler: "I don't wanna walk, I wanna ride in my caa- oh, can I ride in my sled?"

Me: "Tyler, how on EARTH am I supposed to pull you in the sled on the sidewalk while I'm pushing the stroller?"

What a stupid question on my part! You know how - you just pull the freaking sled on the cement!
Calories Burned = 9,700

I swear to God the neighbors were probably laughing their asses off! Here I am, pushing the stroller on the sidewalk, trying to keep it in the clearest path possible (some sidewalks haven't been shoveled yet), and at the same time, trying to keep in a path with lots of snow for the sled, that I have tied around my arm, and am pulling behind me. Do you think I could possibly make this up?

Can you imagine the sound we were making, walking down the sidewalk, pulling that sled on full cement????

No comments: