Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Pretty sure I'm losing my mind...

Nope, actually I'm positive. I'm almost embarrassed to admit what I'm about to say, but here goes....

I get home from work tonight, and there is a ton of mail. One of the packages is a book that I had ordered off of Ebay. It's "The Feingold Cookbook" that I bought so I could get a little bit more creative with Tyler's (our) meals. (By the way, I'm the most uncreative person you've ever met when it comes to cooking. BORING! Kyle has to remind me to use salt and pepper at times...) So, anyway, I open the book, and then set it down right where I opened it and go about feeding Connor, cleaning up the kitchen, etc.

Fast forward to 2 hours later. I CANNOT FIND THIS BOOK ANYWHERE! Seriously. I swear to God there are elves that streak through our house and hide things, because there are more things missing than just this book, like.... our power cable for our digital camera, one certain bill, LOTS of random socks, and our checkbook (at this moment). We could tear the place apart looking for any of those things, but not tonight. We're doing that tomorrow (won't that be a BLAST!). But I still cannot find this book.

I ask Tyler if he put it somewhere. "Nope," he answers. I ask Kyle, and he laughs at me. He's not really surprised that I lost something - you should see how disorganized I am here at home now. It's a shame. I dig through the trash - three times. I walk through the entire house, trying to remember if I would've set it down somewhere. I check in the pantry, the refrigerator (I've been known to leave things there - found my wallet there once), and the microwave (where I've found the milk before). It's NOWHERE! I'm convinced that I've completely lost it, and even start to question if I ever received it in the mail, or if I just dreamt that...

Kyle puts Tyler to bed tonight, and I grab his Mike Wychowski doll (Monsters, Inc.) that is in the toy basket in the living room. There's the book, underneath Mike. I have NO idea how it got there. Tyler wouldn't have put it there, it's Connor's toy basket. Did I put it there? Did the streaking elf put it there?



CHANGE SUBJECT! Here's a little addition for my parents....

2 comments:

Crystal R said...

Hi Jenny! Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for posting on my blog :) I'm going to be posting a yummy treat recipe in the next day or so (my youngest has his sleep pattern all screwy right now so it should be tonight... since I'll be awake anyway).

How is the diet going so far?

Jenny said...

Going great!!!! I can seriously tell a difference, and the teacher at daycare said the same! I think we're getting somewhere!