Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Blogging

Happy New Year!

I started this blog about a month ago just as a place to dump my feelings, say what's going on in my life, and generally keep friends and family updated on us. So far I've talked about work, my parents, Christmas, the kids, a new diet for Tyler, etc.

I'm actually hoping this turns into something else. Just for fun, while you're reading this blog, click on the "Next Blog" icon at the top of the screen. I did that, and was taken to a blog devoted entirely to Brittany Spears. I think I can find better things to do with my time than reading what Brittany Spears did yesterday, but I found it interesting. Then clicked into one that looked like Russian, and then Portuguese. I attempted the read the one in Portuguese, but since I got a C in the class, I only got through the first paragraph and then gave up. It's just amazing to see where we've come in our society.

I guess I think about that every once in a while too. When I'm having a frustrating day with Tyler (like today), I always think "What did parents do 100 years ago when it was the middle of winter, and they didn't have electricity, much less and HDTV with a DVR?". What did they do when they couldn't put on their favorite episode of "The Backyardigans", or shove "Toy Story 2" into the DVD player? We have done all of this already this morning, plus some!

Happy New Year to you and your family, and here's hoping you're enjoying the technological advantages of today!

No comments: