Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bringing Back Memories...

Connor, the first time he looked at me (about 1/2 hour old)

My good friend Kevin and his wife had their second baby yesterday. I received a couple of texts from him of details of the baby, then got to talk to him in the afternoon. I think he was still beyond excited, and told me that their little boy was quite a loud one!

Just talking about the new baby brought back so many good memories from when my boys were born. (I think you are programmed to forget the bad memories - or else no one would have a second child!)
.
I remember how everything went so fast, but also how much more I was able to enjoy the second one - because I somehow knew what to do. (TONS of trial and error with the first, I guess!) I remember just holding Connor in my bed, not ever wanting to put him down because he was going to grow up so fast. I remember not being able to take my eyes off of him, just trying to suck in every ounce of his being.

This made me get out the pictures to reminisse. (Unfortunately, Tyler gets the shaft because we didn't own a digital camera at that point. One good thing is - Tyler actually has photo albums. Connor's albums are digital files on our computer and CDs.)

Tyler and I looked at these pictures for a while today, since there isn't much else to do when we're stuck home because it's 800 below zero! I found these, and although we're certain we're done having children (or I want my money back!), it still makes me want to hold a day old baby, close to my chest and face, and just breathe in the beautiful "baby smell" that is so wonderful.


Then, I broke up fights all afternoon from the two boys that I did that with. I'll settle for pictures now!

It's hard to believe they beat the crap out of each other now.

No comments: