Sunday, January 25, 2009

What a weekend...

Here's a recap of some of the more interesting things we did this weekend:

We drove all the way to K-Mart (which is about 20 miles away - or it seems) to get a buy-one/get-one free deal on Valentine's. When I was halfway there I realized that the ad I read, wasn't good until the next day.

We went to the Urgent Care on Saturday afternoon because I thought Connor might have an ear infection. Not only are his ears perfect - both boys were subjected to every known virus/bacterial infection known to man right now. When we got back in the car, I gave them a bath with antibacterial wipes. Yuck.

Connor beat the crap out of Tyler, finally cracking him on the top of the head with the Star Wars light saber (which is usually on top of the fridge for this reason - I have no idea how it got down), and ended himself in time out.



I picked up toys. Again, and again, and again, and again. I'm okay with toys, but the toys with pieces are what are making me CRAZY!


Tyler spilled his pink pop on the living room floor.

Connor had a fever of 102.5 at 2pm today, and woke up from his nap whimpering and crying, while he lay in my arms, for the next hour. His tonsils are the size of golf balls and look like hamburger.

Connor peed on the bathroom floor - while standing on the sink. I always stand him on the sink to take his clothes off before putting him in the bath. He promptly turned around, smiled at me, and peed on my leg.

Connor ate a half of a box of Altoids. After he had about 10 in his mouth, he realized what he was eating, and that it wasn't so good. I did my best to scrap his tongue with my fingers, then he walked around saying "ick" for the next 10 minutes.

One awesome thing that happened - I got to go out with the girls on Saturday night. How did I do this with Kyle being out of town? I put Connor to bed, and then I hired the 3 best babysitters in the neighborhood, Chase, Jared and Tanner. They look like a rough crowd - but they LOVE the kids, and are the PERFECT group. (Since we don't go out of North Liberty, I'm only minutes away of they need me too!) Tanner has the brains, and can keep the crew (and my kids) on the straight and narrow. Chase is the entertainment, and Jared is the cleaner-upper. I swear my house was cleaner when I got home, than when I left!




3 comments:

loren said...

I need to start lining up babysitters... unless I just take vacations without Mike from now on. Hmmm... I think I see the beginning of a beautiful trend here.

Anonymous said...

Jenny, your blogs are a big hit with me and but your mom radiates when she reads them...keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awesome Saturday night! We all need one of those every once in awhile. :)