Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Some things I have learned over the last few days...

Connor has been sick since Saturday, and I kept him home yesterday and today. I've basically been homebound for a couple of days, so here are some observations I've made:

Handy Manny is actually a very cute cartoon, and I'm able to brush up on my Spanish. (For those of you that don't have the pleasure of watching Playhouse Disney, Handy Manny is a cute cartoon about a Hispanic handyman named, (duh), Manny. He has a toolbox of talking tools that help him with odd jobs around town. Him and his tools are always saving the day.) I'm just wondering when Manny is going to finally hit on Kelly at the Hardware Store. The suspense is killing me!

The Wiggles will, before it's all over, drive me insane. This is Connor's favorite show. On the other hand - this is how I made supper, took a shower and talked on the phone.

We need to repaint the walls in the living room. They look HORRIBLE.

Connor loves to sit on laps, all the time. This is a 180 from Tyler, who could've cared less if you ever held him when he was about 18 months old. Connor is also the most peaceful, cutest sleeper, I have ever seen. If I could spend the next year with him sleeping on my lap, I would.

I could easily have a huge caffeine problem if I stayed home during the day.

I have a strange addiction to the baby shows (Baby Story, Bringing Home Baby). I like them, and hate them at the same time. It always pisses me off when parents bring their baby home, then act totally annoyed when they are woken up at 3am, on the first night. "I guess he was hungry, I hope he sleeps more than this!". Honestly people - get a CLUE! Then again, I like watching the cute babies, and the parents that remind me of, well, me. Struggling and tired, but going with the flow. (Disclaimer - this was me with my 2nd. Me with my first was CLUELESS!). And I LOVE Jon & Kate Plus 8.

Tyler is growing up so fast - I think I have more conversations with that kid than anyone else in my life. (Even Kyle sometimes, but our conversations don't usually involve the Joker or Batman!)

I really missed Kyle when he was gone to California. I took lots of pictures with the camera, and actually showed him pictures of the boys that I took while he was gone - and he was gone for 3 days.

I love watching "Sober House". I swear I was meant to be a Psychologist/Psychiatrist. To watch people struggling with substance abuse problems just fascinates me! I want to dig deep into their brain to find the cause of that need.

My brain doesn't know how to shut off. Maybe that's why I have to watch all of these mindless shows - to just stop!

No comments: