Saturday, January 17, 2009

Which one doesn't belong here?

Yes, that's Tyler in the red shirt. Connor is in the back right corner.

Just before Christmas, Connor's room at daycare had a Christmas party. Parents were invited, and they had snacks - really healthy ones (not!). I guess for a Christmas party, you get to go all out - and when you're between the ages of 12 and 24 months, going all out is: take marshmallows, cheeto puffs, pretzels, m&ms, and chocolate teddy grahams, then mix them together. Yea. Didn't look appetizing to me - but the kids loved it! They also got to wear their pajamas for the day. I wish they had pajama day at work!

I showed up for the party, and tried to sneak past Tyler's room. Of course, one of the other girls in Tyler's room saw me and started yelling, "Tyler - your mom's here, Tyler - your mom's here!", until Tyler came running over. Thank you, little butthead. I was trying to sneak by, but they seriously watch out for each other there!

Tyler followed me into Connor's room, and proceeded to join us for the entire party. The teachers didn't mind (since they all know Tyler anyway), so he pulled up a chair, and watched The Wiggles Christmas with the class.

It's nice to see how your kids are spending their day, and the other kids that they hang out with. A couple other mom's showed up, but tell ya what - a one year old Christmas party starts and stops pretty quick. I think I was there for a total of 45 minutes! They got to open presents that all the parents had bought for the class (they had a wish list), and from what I can tell - they are enjoying them a lot after seeing them fight over who got to play with them first!

No comments: