Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Serious Compliments

Here are some of the compliments that Tyler has paid me over the last couple of weeks:
  1. "Mom, you look sooooo pretty today."
  2. "Mom, I LOVE those shoes!"
  3. "Mom, your hair looks special today."
  4. "Mom, you are the coolest mom ever!"

I'm wondering if I should be worried. What does he want? On the other hand, I can hope he's growing up into a perfect gentleman!

Tonight, I was putting him back in bed, for the 6th time. With every time I put him back in bed, he asked for something (his blankets weren't right, he needed some water, etc.). These use to frustrate me, but I've come to realize they are just his way of getting a little bit more attention before he goes to sleep at night. Sometimes, we're too busy at night to every have a conversation!

I was putting him in bed, and he just looked at me, so intensely. His eyes locked with mine, and he just smiled at me. I looked back at him, and our eyes just stood there for a few seconds. He just wanted to see me smile - and me, him smile.

I had one of those days today where I actually think, "maybe I should just quit this and stay home." I won't, but I think it sometimes. But, that totally made my day.

No comments: