Saturday, January 3, 2009

Family Day

Yesterday was the first day during this two week Christmas break that daycare was open, and I had no plans. I usually LIVE for our two week shutdown at work in order to be a bad mom, send the kids to daycare, and actually get some projects done around the house. (We've painted rooms in the past, organized closets, shopped awesome sales, you know - important stuff!)

This year, just because of really busy schedules and me going out of town for a couple of days, this break just vanished. Having both kids at home during the day is a bit less than a vacation, and I don't even try to organize anything, because things get undone faster than they are done. Not yesterday.

I started off the day going tanning. Yes, something as simple as tanning TOTALLY made my day. I've not been tanning since October, and was beginning to be so pale I looked sick (being blonde and so pale), so that was incredibly AWESOME! I then organized closets, hit some sales, then met up with Kyle after he finished work for the day, early. We did some shopping, and just went to Wal-Mart, alone.

That was awesome, too! We were able to shop for food, look at labels and prices - something that is a pure luxury now. Not needing to literally sprint down aisles because someone is either jogging ahead of you, or trying to climb out of the cart.

After picking up the boys at daycare, we came home and made a healthy supper (a New Year's resolution of ours), and played with the boys in the "wiving woom" (as Tyler calls it).

"Mommy, my most FAVORITE room in the house is the WIVING WOOM!", Tyler says. We played forever, mostly soccer and football - a favorite around here.

After Connor went to bed, we watched a movie together, just Kyle, Tyler and myself. I don't remember if we've ever even done that, since Tyler will actually sit for more than 15 minutes now, we all cuddled on the couch and watched "Batman", which I decided was a bad choice since I didn't know how violent and scary it was. Tyler was up twice last night because he was scared the "bad guys" were going to get him. I think he's going to be talking about the clowns for a long time...

So, "family day" yesterday was me spending time with me, by myself. Then my husband, just ourselves, then our entire family.

What an absolutely PERFECT day!

No comments: