Saturday, December 15, 2007

The cereal bar in the tree skirt

It's amazing to me the interesting places I find "leftover" food now, from Tyler. Today as I was cleaning up the living room, I found a cereal bar in the tree skirt under the Christmas tree! I'm pretty sure Santa didn't leave it there, and I don't think Tyler has had a cereal bar since at least Wednesday, so it was pretty hard! Yuck!

I love Saturday mornings! Funny enough, it's the one time when I find myself totally disconnected from the world. I can't watch the news - we usually watch Dora. I get the Press Citizen newspaper from the driveway, not to read the news, but to read the ads that come a day earlier than the Sunday paper (IC doesn't have a Sunday paper). It's like a sneak-preview of the sales to happen. Not that I think by reading those ads it made me want to jump up, run to Target, and save $1 on an IPod or anything - but for some reason, it's my thing. That - and at least one entire pot of coffee!

Today is the kid's Christmas program for Daycare. That is usually SO cute, I love it! Hearing about a hundred kids, all under the age of 5, singing Christmas songs cracks me up. Santa will be there as well, so I'll have to post pictures when I get them. The one of Tyler and Santa will likely be a wide-lens photo of the whole room, because I'm pretty sure Tyler won't come within 50 feet of Santa. Something terrifies him about anyone over 6 foot tall dressed in a costume!

No comments: