Sunday, December 2, 2007

My temporary life with twins...

Thursday at around noon I received the dreaded phone call from my husband. "Daycare called, Tyler has a fever of 101 and one of us has to go pick him up." That's when the mom instinct in me wants to literally bolt up from my desk, try to remember to grab my purse, and burst out of the door to run and go get him. But what usually happens is we start to have to "What does your schedule look like" discussion. I ended up staying at work Thursday, then took the whole day Friday off. (Can't return until 24 hours fever free!)

I HATE trying to figure out what to do when sickness happens. I know - Life Happens, but so does my job. Of all people, I understand what it means when you have to be out of the office - by my Leadership - not so much. My boss never had children, and her bosses are all men with wives that stayed at home to take care of their children. They've never have to had this discussion, except when it was to decide who was going to drop the dogs off at the vet.

So, the twins part you ask - neither child has been sleeping through the night the last couple of nights. Friday night was a circus - between the both of them they were up 5 times. I got up all 5 times because I was worried. Last night they were up a combined total of 4 times. Not so bad, but it still makes for an EARLY morning when the baby wants to start his day at 6:30 on a Sunday. Heck, maybe I should talk some lessons from him and start going to bed at 8pm!

I did get some awesome Dunkin Donuts coffee beans yesterday when I went to Wal-Mart at 7am (yes - 7am!), and the paper has been delivered. Tyler saw to it that he used to be up before the paper was even at our doorstep most weekends. Pretty sad when you beat the paperboy!

No comments: