Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The little boy that did not nap!


Connor has never been a big napper, but Holy Cow! He slept a total of 45 minute today! He woke up at 6am today, and went to bed at 7pm. Between those house - hardly any napping! He was so tired tonight - he was in a good mood when I picked him up - but then cried the whole way home. He HATES riding in the dark car! I usually turn on the dome light - but that doesn't even help sometimes. So - we got home, both boys were beside themselves and I considered taping what was going on at one point - where Connor was screaming in his bed with his "rainforst friends" going (because that is a safe place to set him while I got changed), and Tyler was crying in the hallway. Kind-of reminded me of work - whining, crying, babies (an inside joke).


So I tried to feed Connor pears with Rice Cereal - but he had just eaten food at 4:15 because daycare said he got "missed" at lunchtime. (Translation - they were too busy to take the time to feed him - that ticks me off - so he had formula all day). Oh well - I tried to feed him, he had a couple bites, then chewed on his sippy cup for a while. Then he needs a bath - so I just put him in the kitchen sink which is going to work out GREAT! I got the whole kitchen cleaned while he was sitting there - and I proceeded to let him sit in there for almost a half hour just to keep him awake! I even got to have a 5 minute conversation with my sister on the phone with Connor in the bath!

On a funnier note - just before I put Connor to bed tonight I had him sitting on the living room floor, and Tyler was talking to him. I heard Tyler telling Connor all about the Toy Story movie that he was watching and about how cool Buzz Lightyear was! Sometimes I worry that Tyler is going to be a very agressive big brother - but I think he's going to look out for Connor too!


The picture I put on here today is one I took about a month ago when Connor was having a very bad night - and I finally just set him in his rocking chair in his room with his "puppy". He just needed some "chill time". I stood outside the room while he just sat there in the quiet - and he seemed to like it a lot. Some days after a long day of daycare and not a lot of napping, he just needs some peace and quiet. =)

No comments: