Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Mommy's New Purse

Last night, I was sitting on the floor with Tyler and for some reason or another, we were looking through a small Ebay catalog that came in the mail. On one of the pages there was a NICE Dooney & Bourke "Croco Bag" that retails normally for about $300 - Ebay must have one for about $160.

I saw the purse and said "Oh, should Mommy get that?"
Tyler's said, "You want a new purse Mommy?"
I replied, "Yes, Mommy would definitely like that purse!"
Tyler's response, "So you could put gum in it? You put in gum for Tyler, and Mommy's yucky gum too."
=)

About a couple months ago, I started carrying around the large packs of gum in good flavors for whenever Tyler needs a distraction. If he's having a bad time in the car - give him a piece of gum. You want him to be quiet in the store, give him a piece of gum. You want him to sit still, give him a piece of gum. It works WONDERS! Sometimes though, I run out of the "good gum" and all I have left is the strong, minty Trident or whatever it is I'm chewing at the time, and he'll take it - but obviously doesn't prefer it! That's the "yucky gum"!


It's funny how those things that seem so small and minimal to me, are the most important thing that are in my purse, to him.

1 comment:

K'man said...

Why on earth would you be looking for a different purse? Don't you already have a purse? Unless you need a bigger purse to stash beer in. The heck with gum.