Saturday, December 22, 2007

Not sure if I should dance the jig... or pass out.

7:15 tonight - both kids in bed....asleep. 6 months ago if you would've told me that this would've happened someday, I wouldn't have believed you. But, we didn't come upon this easily today.

Let me start by saying, I HATE WINTER! Well, winter in IOWA! We are cooped up in this teeny, tiny house with two small boys. Tyler is about ready to turn inside out because he can't stand to be cooped up, and doesn't deal well with those feelings. It feels sometimes like we're literally tripping over each other. Tyler cannot stand to not be doing SOMETHING, even if that means driving his parents crazy, and harassing his brother.

Here was a typical conversation today:

"Tyler, stop touching Connor. Stop touching him. Stop touching him. Tyler, knock it off! Tyler, if you don't stop touching him, I'm going to put you in your room. Tyler, STOP TOUCHING HIM! ----- KNOCK IT OFF! -----DID YOU NOT HEAR WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING TO YOU???------ LEAVE CONNOR ALONE!!!!!!!! ------TYLER! ------TYLER! ------ SSTTOOPP TTOOUUCCHHIINNGG HHIIMM!!!!!"

Repeat this conversation in your head 25 times, and that's pretty much what I did today. That, and 27 loads of laundry. Holy cow! I swear, the first spring day that we can be outside for more than 20 minutes at a time, I'm gonna park myself in a lawn chair in the middle of the driveway, and thank god for every minute we're out there - probably with a beer in my hand!

No comments: